Public Records from the Office of the Special Counsel
The records of the Office of the Special Counsel were turned over to the Assembly Chief Clerk on September 14, 2022. The records listed on this web page are the records that were provided to the Assembly Chief Clerk in electronic and paper form.
There are thirty zip files below for review.
The first zip file contains the emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The second zip file contains the paper documents that were received from the Office of the Special Counsel. In the case of the paper files, the Assembly Chief Clerk’s office scanned them in and named them by any title or heading that appears on the top of the document. All attempts were made to be as accurate as possible when labeling the documents. The documents in the first two zip files appear as they were received by the Assembly Chief Clerk and no changes or alterations were made to any labeling of the documents. Any redactions are redactions that were performed prior to the Assembly Chief Clerk receiving the documents.
The third zip file contains documents that were redacted by the Assembly Chief Clerk due to the attorney-client privilege. Other documents are being withheld due to the attorney-client privilege or because the documents are notes or drafts, purely personal in nature, or entirely unrelated to the work of the Office of the Special Counsel.
The fourth zip file contains documents from the USB drive used by the Office of the Special Counsel.
The remaining 26 zip files contain the contents of the computers and accounts used by the Office of the Special Counsel. The contents have been made into smaller zip files so they are easier to download. Even though the contents are split up into smaller files, all files are labeled as they were labeled by the Office of the Special Counsel.
The Office of the Special Counsel’s website, Wisconsin Elections Review (www.wielectionreview.org), is no longer able to receive any submissions. The website link is available to allow a review of the website and its contents.
For best results, please download one zip file at a time.
- Emails from the email@example.com: Zip 1
- Paper documents that were received from the Office of the Special Counsel: Zip 2
- The third zip file contains documents that were redacted by the Assembly Chief Clerk due to attorney-client privilege or because it contained personally identifiable, confidential information inappropriate for public accessibility: Zip 3
- USB Drive contents: Zip 4
- Contents of the computers and accounts used by the Office of the Special Counsel: Zip 5a, Zip 5b1, Zip 5b2, Zip 5c, Zip 5d, Zip 5e, Zip 5f, Zip 5g, Zip 5h, Zip 6a, Zip 6b1, Zip 6b2, Zip 6c, Zip 6d, Zip 6e, Zip 6f, Zip 6g, Zip 6h, Zip 6i, Zip 6j, Zip 6k, Zip 6L, Zip 6m, Zip 6n, Zip 6o, Zip 7
- Some of the zip files are large (just over 2 GB) and may take a while to download depending on your internet connection.
- Zip file 1 contains an Outlook data file in PST format. Please see this documentation from Microsoft on how to use PST files.
- These files were compressed using 7-Zip. 7-Zip is a free data compression application available on Windows, macOS, and Linux. It is recommended that you use 7-Zip to extract the zip files.