Abortion resources and information
Medical abortion information:
Medication abortion is safe, easy to use and private. For about $100 you can order one at www.AidAccess.org. It will take about 4 weeks to arrive.
Instructions for using medication abortion can be found on Plan C Pills website.
Wisconsin Abortion Support Network is a group of abortion doulas who provide non-medical support before, during & after abortions (logistical, mental, emotional support).
We Testify is an organization dedicated to the leadership and representation of people who have abortions, increasing the spectrum of abortion storytellers in the public sphere, and shifting the way the media understands the context and complexity of accessing abortion care.
Exhale Pro-Voice supports people who have had an abortion by focusing on their unique context, family, culture, and abortion experiences.
Pregnancy Justice ensures no one loses their rights because of pregnancy or because of their capacity for pregnancy. Pregnancy Justice focuses on pregnant people who are most at risk of state control and criminalization, including those who are low-income, of color, and drug-using.
Abortion is a human right, and is still a legal right in the majority of states. Repro Legal Helpline offers help understanding abortion rights in the United States.
Organizations to support financially:
History of criminalization of abortion:
- Randall Balmer, a professor at Dartmouth College, examines the real origins of the Religious Right's crusade against abortion rights for Politico.
- This link will take you to an excerpt of Untamed by Glennon Doyle. In this excerpt, Doyle presents the origins the anti-choice movement.
- Jill Filipovic: What Drives Child Poverty? Pro-Life Politics.
- Jessica Valenti: Abortion Exceptions Don't Exist
- The Limits of Privilege: The New Abortion Regime Is Going to Affect Everyone, by Rebecca Traister, New York Magazine
- We're Not Going Back to the Time Before Roe, We're Going Someplace Worse, by Jia Tolentino, New Yorker Magazine
- Lessons from the Terrible Triumph of the Anti-Abortion Movement by Michelle Goldberg
- The Pro-Choice Caucus's Abortion Messaging Guidelines Are Good by Robyn Pennacchia
- Medical Impact of Roe Reversal Goes Well Beyond Abortion Clinics, Doctors Say by Kate Zernike
- Ezra Klein interviews Michelle Goldberg
- The Daily Campaign: How We Talk About Abortion
- The Dobbs Decision Isn't Just About Abortion. It's About Power.