Upcoming Permit Deadline for 2017 Fall Hunting & Trapping Seasons
Hunters and trappers planning to pursue turkey, bobcat, fisher, and otter this upcoming fall will have to complete their permit applications by August 1. The applications can be purchased for $3, while bobcat applications are priced at $6. License sales are being completed online at GoWild.wi.gov and in-person at all DNR service centers and license agent locations.
Dates and additional details for the 2017 fall season are listed below:
- Wild Turkey:
- Zones 1-5: September 16 through December 31 (possibility for extension through January 7, 2018)
- Zones 6 & 7: September 16 through November 17
- 102,100 wild turkey permits are available, an 800-permit increase from 2016.
- Permits that remain after the initial drawing will be available for purchase starting at 10:00 am on Saturday, August 26
- Bag limit of one turkey per fall turkey hunting permit
- Bobcat (Hunting and Trapping):
- Period 1: October 14 through December 25
- Period 2: December 26 through January 31, 2018
- Statewide harvest quota has been set at 750
- Hunters and trappers successful in receiving a harvest permit will be notified by mid-September
- Fisher (Trapping Only):
- October 14 through December 31 (possibility for extension through January 7, 2018)
- Statewide harvest quota has been set at 985, with 3,535 permits available
- Otter (Trapping Only):
- North Zone: November 4 through April 30, 2018
- Central & Southern Zones: November 4 through March 31, 2018
- Statewide quota has been set at 2,000, with 9,800 permits available
Trapping quotas and specific permit levels can be found through the following DNR webpage. Permits will be drawn in August and issued in September. Applicants will be notified of their permit status on their online account (GoWild.wi.gov) in mid-September.