Welcome to my legislative website, and thank you for taking the time to connect with me. It is an honor serving the people of the 6th Senate District. I want to hear from my constituents; your feedback is extremely important to me.
Elected to Wisconsin's 6th Senate District in 2016, I previously served in Wisconsin's 17th Assembly District since 2012. The 6th district includes residential, urban and downtown Milwaukee.
I am a strong advocate for workers and working families, and served as an Executive Board member for AFSCME District Council 48, President of AFSCME Local 502, and Chair of AFSCME's Women Committee. I also acted as a Financial Employment Planner for Wisconsin Shares and was a member of the Special Committee on Public Assistance Program Integrity. I am a proud graduate of the Emerge-Wisconsin Class of 2012.
I serve on the following committees during the 2017 - 2018 Legislative Session:
- Joint Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Education
- Senate Committee on Health and Human Services
- Senate Committee on Public Benefits, Licensing, and State-Federal Relations (Ranking Member)
- Senate Committee on Economic Development, Commerce and Local Government
Thank you again, for visiting my legislative webpage. Please check back frequently for updates on legislation I am working on.
6th Senate District