Businesses Looking to Give Back to Workers on Front Lines of COVID-19 Fight
Kenosha - We all owe a huge debt of gratitude to the healthcare personnel, law enforcement, fire fighters, paramedics and more who are out there fighting the coronavirus on a daily basis. A number of businesses are recognizing the tremendous sacrifice that these people are making and have offered discounts or other benefits to them as a way to say, “Thank you”.
● Starbucks is giving frontline healthcare workers, which they say includes police, fire and paramedics, as well as doctors, nurses, hospital staff and researchers, a free full tall brewed coffee until May 3.
● Dollar General is offering a 10% discount to medical personnel, first responders and activated members of the National Guard.
● Crocs is giving a free pair of their shoes to healthcare workers. (Crocs.com)
● Uber is providing free transportation for frontline healthcare workers to and from patients’ homes, as well as between health facilities.
● KFC is offering free delivery through Grub Hub until April 26,
● AirBnB is offering free or subsidized housing to healthcare professionals, emergency workers and relief personnel. The list is growing everyday.
For more information and updates related to the COVID-19 crisis, you can visit my website, http://legis.wisconsin.gov/senate/22/wirch.