Senator Smith to Host Durand Budget Presentation and Listening Session
MADISON – Senator Jeff Smith (D-Brunswick) will host a Budget Presentation and Listening Session in Durand to highlight Governor Tony Evers’ biennial state budget proposal. The event will be hosted at the Durand City Hall (104 E. Main. St., Durand, WI 54736) on Thursday, April 11th from 5:30pm-7:00pm.
The first part of the event will be a presentation sharing fundamental parts of Governor Evers’ budget proposal. The second part of the event will be open to thoughts and questions from attendees. Sen. Smith plans to take this opportunity to listen to community members and welcome any ideas and feedback about the budget.
This event in Durand is part of a series of Budget Presentation and Listening Sessions that Sen. Smith is hosting. The list of Sen. Smith’s future sessions is here:
- Thursday, April 11th: Durand Listening Session (5:30pm-7:00pm)
Durand City Hall, Community Room (104 E Main St, Durand, WI 54736)
- Monday, April 15th: Joint Committee on Finance Budget Listening Session (10:00am-5:00pm)
UW-River Falls, University Center, Riverview Ballroom #260 (500 Wild Rose Avenue River Falls, WI 54022)
- Thursday, April 18th: Alma Budget Listening Session (5:30pm-7:00pm)
- Alma High School, Cafeteria (S1618 State Road 35, Alma, WI 54610)
- Monday, April 22nd: Black River Falls Listening Session (5:30pm-7:00pm)
Jackson Electric Cooperative (N6868 County Rd F, Black River Falls, WI 54615)
- Tuesday, April 30th: Menomonie Joint Listening Session with Patty Schachtner (5:30-7:00pm)
Shirley Doane Senior Center (1412 6th St. E., Menomonie, WI 54751)
This event is open to the public and the press. If you would like more information about this event, please contact Meghan Sovey in Senator Smith’s Office at (608)266-8546 or Meghan.Sovey@legis.wi.gov.