Legislative Fellow for Senate Democratic Leader, Jennifer Shilling
Job Title: Legislative Fellow for Senate Democratic Leader, Jennifer Shilling
Start Date: May 28, 2019
End Date: August 30, 2019 (flexible based on availability)
Salary: $12-$15/hour (20-40 hours/week)
Location: State Capitol, Room 206 South, Madison, WI
Job Description: A Legislative Fellow in Senator Shilling’s office will have many exciting projects relating to diverse policy issues and regional concerns. Responsibilities in this role will include various tasks such as constituent casework, committee tracking, press monitoring, and legislative research.
- Engaging in constituent casework by contacting state agencies and/or conducting research
- Writing letters in response to constituent concerns
- Answering phone calls in the office
- Researching and developing policy
- Staying informed on Wisconsin politics
- Desire to be engaged in the political process (prior political or office experience is not required)
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Work well in a team setting
- Organizational and time management skills
- Attending and enrolled at a two- or four-year college/university or a vocational/technical school program
Who can apply?
This position is intended to promote career opportunities and learning experiences for students of historically under-represented communities including racial/ethnic minorities, women, people with disabilities, and veterans. You should apply for this fellowship if you hope to acquire valuable work experience and have a desire to help diversify perspective and shape public policy.