Economic Recovery & Development
- Helps our economy bounce back by creating a $200 million fund to help small businesses affected by the pandemic with retaining and hiring employees.
- Cultivates Wisconsin entrepreneurship by investing over $100 million in start up businesses to revitalize all urban and rural areas of our state.
- Work force initiatives totaling over $29 million to make sure Wisconsinites are competitive in the ever changing job market.
- Rolls back a decade's worth of hurdles to unemployment that have delayed and reduced access for Wisconsinites who work for a living.
- Expanding BadgerCare will provide coverage to over 90,000 uninsured Wisconsinites, save more than $630 million in state tax dollars and bring home over $1.3 billion of YOUR Federal tax dollars currently going to other states.
- Including over 20 innovative and effective policy solutions to reduce the price of prescription drugs.
- Directing more than $150 million in initiatives and programs designed to improve Wisconsinites’ access to quality mental and behavioral health services and treatment.
- Investing over $30 million for healthy women, babies to improve birth outcomes forWisconsin women.
- Makes significant investments in our K-12 schools, restores the state's two-thirds commitment for public schools.
- Over $709 million for special education including enhanced direct support for students with disabilities. Increases reimbursement of local taxpayer costs to 50%.
- More than $54 million for student mental health programs and support.
- General aid increase of $600 million over the biennium.
Broadband and Infrastructure
- Proposing the largest state investment in broadband access in state history--nearly$200 million over the budget.
- Addressing the critical needs of the rural highway system by investing in Wisconsin's highway rehabilitation program.
- Investing more than $30 million to help build resilient roads and infrastructure, restore wetlands to prevent catastrophic flooding.
- Rebalancing the tax code and cutting taxes for middle and lower income households.
- Curtailing back a tax break that costs millions and goes to the richest Wisconsinites while maintaining support for Wisconsin farmers.
- Giving back local control and provides tools to diversifies funding streams for local governments.
- Governor Evers makes historic increases to Wisconsin dairy, agriculture and food supply chain.
- Launches programs to revolutionize Wisconsin dairy and agriculture markets to keep commodity prices strong and allow family farms to thrive.
- Increases funding connecting Wisconsin producers with local schools, institutions, businesses, and local food banks and food pantries.
Equity and Fairness
- Provides $25 million in efforts to address social determinants of health like housing, nutrition, and transportation.
- Creates a cabinet-level Chief Equity Officer and Equity Officers embedded within the secretary’s offices of 18 state agencies.
- Develops the Child Care Strong initiative and $70 million to address quality, affordability, access and equity for children in all types of child care.
Makes numerous and overdue changes to the way individuals are sentenced, released, revoked, and are eligible for expungement for a more equitable justice system.
- Builds on progress already made and offers comprehensive proposals to ensure every Wisconsinite has access to clean water.
Reauthorizes the Knowles-Nelson Stewardship program for 10 years with $70million in annual bonding authority conserves our natural resources.
- Significant investment to reduce and address childhood lead poisoning
- The investments in the governor’s 2021-2023 biennial budget will not only help protect and preserve our state’s natural resources but can provide economic opportunity across the state.
- Legalizing marijuana in Wisconsin is expected to generate $165 million annually to be invested in rural schools and other community projects.
- Reducing penalties that result in too many of our citizens incarcerated for marijuana offenses.
Introducing a new industry to Wisconsin that brings good paying jobs.