Occasionally you may need assistance with a government agency or have some other problem that you just can’t solve.  I am always happy to help in any way that I can, whether it is contacting a state agency on your behalf, serving as a go-between with our federal representatives, or simply pointing you in the right direction. Some examples of agencies/issues that I am able to assist with are:

  • Department of Workforce Development – Unemployment Insurance, Workers’ Compensation, Labor Issues
  • Department of Transportation – Questions about highway projects, driver licensing
  • Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection – consumer protection and complaints
  • Department of Health Services – BadgerCare, other Medicaid programs, FoodShare, SeniorCare
  • Department of Revenue – Questions or issues related to tax returns, refunds, the Homestead Tax Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit
  • Office of the Commissioner of Insurance – Complaints or issues with state-based insurance companies and programs
  • Department of Safety and Professional Services – Assistance with state professional licensing
  • Department of Natural Resources – Hunter education, issues with state parks
  • Public Service Commission – Problems with utilities
  • Federal agencies and issues – I am able to work with our federal representatives to assist on a range of issues including visas and passports, Social Security, Medicare, consumer protection issues, student financial aid, and more

These are just a few of the issues that I may be able to help you with.  If you have a problem and require assistance or would like to voice your opinion on a state issue, feel free to contact me by calling (888)769-4724, (262)694-7379, or (608)267-8979, by emailing me, or by mailing me at the address at the top of this page.


Casework Examples

How Can Senator Wirch Help You?

  • In 2013 and  2014, there was a serious backlog in Unemployment Insurance claims.  People calling the hotline to make a claim or get assistance were not able to get through to speak to a claims specialist, regardless of the day or time they called. For each constituent who called with this problem, Senator Wirch contacted the Department of Workforce Development and arranged for a claims specialist to call the constituent directly, and promptly, to resolve the issues. 
  • A constituent contacted Senator Wirch because she was having difficulty obtaining a driver’s license.  She was a US citizen but was born in Germany to military parents and did not have a copy of her birth certificate.  Senator Wirch worked with the state Department of Transportation’s Division of Motor Vehicles to help this young woman get her driver’s license.
  • Senator Wirch was contacted by a constituent who had been involved in a dispute with United Healthcare over a substantial  reimbursement lasting several months.  United Healthcare sent the disputed funds to the state Department of Revenue, which operates the Unclaimed Property program, and told  the constituent to file a claim with them to receive the  funds. She was told it would take at least 90 days for the claim to be processed, and she was facing financial hardship.  Senator Wirch contacted the DOR, explained the situation, and asked that they expedite the claims processing.  The claim was processed, and the constituent received her money. 
  • A constituent  contacted Senator Wirch regarding health insurance for her daughter, who needs to see a doctor regularly. The family had recently lost their health insurance,  and the Affordable Care Act health care exchange were not yet open. Senator Wirch spoke to the state Department of Health Services to get the daughter enrolled in the state’s BadgerCare health care plan.  After the health care exchange opened, the constituent contacted the Senator again for assistance in understanding the Affordable Care Act and guidance in getting her husband and herself enrolled in coverage.  Senator Wirch connected her with application counselors in Racine, and she was able to find a plan that she and her family were happy with.

These are just a few of the issues that I may be able to help you with.  If you have a problem and require assistance or would like to voice your opinion on a state issue, feel free to contact me by calling (888)769-4724, (262)694-7379, or (608)267-8979, by emailing me, or by mailing me at the address at the top of this page.


Legislative Citations

As a state senator, I have the opportunity to honor extraordinary members of our community. I believe it is very important to recognize those who have made a positive contribution to our community. That is why I am happy to present constituents with a legislative citation to honor their public service efforts or a special achievement. If you would like to request a citation for someone, please contact me.

Please have the following information before contacting me or my staff:

  • Exact Name of the person receiving the citation
  • Contact person and phone number where he/she can be reached
  • Event and date of event
  • Background information to help capture all the wonderful activities of this person. Be sure to include any community service or volunteer groups and/or public offices.

Please send requests to: Senator Robert Wirch, P.O. Box 7882, Madison, WI 53707-7882






Both American flags and Wisconsin flags are available for purchase. Both flags are made of durable nylon and are approximately 3 feet by 5 feet in size.


Wisconsin State Flags (60.5” x 36” Nylon)
$12.44 (without shipping)

United States Flags (61” x 34.5” Nylon)
$19.16 (without shipping)

Cover Folder for 8.5 x 11 Certificate

$6.65 – 1 Flag $11.75 – 8 Flags $ 15.59 – 16/17 Flags $21.14 – 29/30 Flags
$7.10 – 2 Flags $12.30 – 9 Flags $ 16.46 – 18/19 Flags $ 21.71– 31/32 Flags
$8.60 – 3 Flags $12.40 – 10 Flags $ 17.44 – 20/21 Flags $ 22.64 – 33 Flags
$9.15 – 4 Flags $12.76 – 11 Flags $18.48 – 22/23 Flags $ 23.39 – 34/35 Flags
$9.45 – 5 Flags $13.17 – 12 Flags $ 19.29 – 24 Flags $ 23.97 – 36/37 Flags
$10.65 – 6 Flags $13.74 – 13/14 Flags $ 19.87– 25/26 Flags $ 24.49 – 38/39 Flags
$11.25 – 7 Flags $14.61 – 15 Flags $20.73 – 27/28 Flags $ 25.06 – 40 Flags

To order:



Mail checks to: 

Sen. Robert Wirch
P.O. Box 7882
Madison, WI 53707-7882

Checks should be made out to the State of Wisconsin.

If you would like the flag flown over the Capitol in honor of someone, please specify the name of the person, the occasion, and the date you would like the flag flown. A certificate of commemoration will be mailed back to you with the flag.




Please contact my office of you would like to receive a Wisconsin State highway map or a Blue Book (limited supply).









Capitol Tours

Madison, Wisconsin is home to the most beautiful and scenic state Capitol in the nation. Started in 1906 and completed in 1917, the Wisconsin State Capitol is located on an isthmus between lakes Mendota and Monona, and stands just a few feet shorter than the Federal Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. Each year over five hundred thousand people, including school groups, vacationers, federal legislators, architectural scholars and even foreign heads of state visit our state capitol.

In addition to housing both the Wisconsin State Senate and Assembly, the Capitol is home to the Wisconsin Supreme Court, the Offices of the Governor and Attorney General and other supporting agencies and staff.

If you are in Madison, you will surely want to include a tour of the Capitol. Free tours are given daily from 9:00-11:00am and 1:00-4:00pm.

Book your Capitol Tour online.