January 2018 Activities & Events
Willy Wonka Jr. (January 12 & 13)
- Schauer Arts Center | 7:00 pm (Friday), 2:00 pm (Saturday)
- Featuring talented local actors, plenty of surprises, and many memorable songs—including "The Candy Man," "I Want It Now!", and "Pure Imagination"—Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka is a scrumptious treat for the entire family.
- Admission prices of $13 for adults, $10 for students, $8 for children, and $5 for lap
Port Washington Winter Market (January 13 & 27)
- Inventors Brewpub | 9:00 am – 1:00 am
- Local and fresh: vegetables, fruit, eggs, honey, bread, granola, breakfast items, cider, and more! Live music, fresh coffee from Smith Bros, and a special guest chef featured on each date!
West Bend Antique & Fine Arts Show (January 19 & 20)
- Washington County Fair Park & Conference Center | 11:00 am – 7:00 pm (Friday), 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Saturday)
- Presenting 40 of the Midwest's top rated dealers.
- $5 admission; free for ages 12 and under
Pat Hazell’s “The Wonder Bread Years” starring John McGivern (January 19 & 20)
- Cedarburg Performing Arts Center | 7:30 – 10:00 pm (Friday), 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm (Saturday)
- A grand salute to the baby boomer generation
- $40 admission
Schnee Days (January 25 – 28)
- Elkhart Lake
- Schnee Days is a weekend festival of snow held in Elkhart Lake, WI. Schnee is ‘snow’ in German and is a way for Elkhart Lake to celebrate its German Heritage.
Friday, January 5
Chris Mann at CPAC
- Cedarburg Performing Arts Center | 7:30 – 10:00 pm
- Classical pop-genre artist and former contestant on NBC’s The Voice
- $40 admission
Wednesday, January 10
From Prison, to Princeton, to the Priesthood
- James Episcopal Church (West Bend) | 7:00 – 8:30 pm
- A story of redemption, resilience, and grace that follows the journey of Reverend Ricardo Sheppard, who will be conducting the presentation
Friday, January 19
- Schauer Arts Center | 8:00 pm
- Performing a range of Irish and Scottish folk tunes, ballads, reels and classic pub songs, the group incorporates acoustic and vocal material from broader Celtic, traditional country, bluegrass, and Americana sources.
- $25 for premium tickets & $22 for standard tickets
Saturday, January 20
Collection of Collectors
- The Old Courthouse Museum (West Bend) | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Discover what your neighbors collect during the 11th annual Collection of Collectors. Collectors share their interesting & unique passion.
Chili Dump and Blanket Making
- Peter Wollner American Legion Post (Cedarburg) | 11:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Chili at 11:30 AM and fleece-tied blanket making in the afternoon. If Chili is not your thing, then just come for blanket making between 12:30 & 1:00 PM.
Rebels & Renegades Presented by Cedarburg Cultural Center
- Cedarburg Cultural Center | 7:30 – 10:00 pm
- Performance by The Whiskey Belles/Wheelhouse
Sunday, January 21
Miller and Mike
- Schauer Arts Center | 3:00 pm
- Miller & Mike’s performances includes physical comedy, magic, and other random acts of entertainment.
- $5 tickets for adults, $3 for children, and $1 lap tickets
Monday, January 22
Eyes on the Sky
- WJ Niederkorn Library (Port Washington) | 6:00 pm
- A program on the night sky presented by Jim Lattis of the University of Wisconsin-Madison
Saturday, January 27
Port Washington's Winter Farmers Market
- First Congregational Church | 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- The Port Washington Winter Farmers’ Market extends seasonal connections between food producers and artisans to consumers in hopes to meet a growing demand for year-round local food.
John Mueller’s Winter Dance Party
- Schauer Arts Center | 3:00 pm & 7:30 pm
- The official energy-packed re-creation of Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and The Big Bopper’s final tour.
- Admission prices of $36/$32 for adults and $18/$16 for student with ID
Evening Snowshoe Hike & Moonlight Ski
- Ledge View Nature Center | 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Snowshoe or cross-country ski with a naturalist to enjoy the night beauty of the forest and the winter skies.
- $5/person (snowshoeing), $7/person (skiing), $2/person (ski trail fee)
Wednesday, January 31
2018 State of the Community Event
- Saukville Landt-Thiel American Legion Post | 5:30 pm
- Social hour begins at 5:30PM, dinner starts at 6:15PM with remarks starting at 6:30PM.
- $25 admission