- Born Sheboygan, Wisconsin, August 8, 1972; single.
- Graduate Sheboygan County Christian High School, 1991; B.A. in Business Administration and Political Science, Dordt College (Sioux Center, Iowa), 1995.
- Publisher/owner, Lakeshore Weekly.
- Member: Oostburg Chamber of Commerce; Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce; Bethel OPC (deacon); NRA (life member).
- Recipient: Wisconsin Wildlife Association State Conservation Legislator of the Year, 2015; League of Wisconsin Municipalities Strong Municipal Supporter, 2016; Cemetery and Cremation Association Legislator of the Year, 2016; Wisconsin Counties Association Outstanding Legislator Award, 2016; Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians Friend of Family Medicine, 2016; ABC-Wisconsin Building Wisconsin Award, 2018; Wisconsin Grocers Association Friend of Grocers, 2016; Wisconsin Builders Association Friend of Housing, 2016; WMC Working for Wisconsin, 2018; MMAC Champion of Commerce, 2017–18; Wisconsin Coalition for International Adoption Friend of International Adoption, 2016; Friend of Nursing Award, 2018; Reining in Government Award, 2018,
- Sheboygan County Board supervisor, 2006–15, Human Resources Committee, 2006–15 (chair, 2010–14), Finance Committee, 2012–15, Executive Committee, 2010–12.
- Elected to Senate since 2014.
- Elected Majority Leader 2021