The Wisconsin Coalition for Gun Safety is a non-partisan organization comprised of community stakeholders across Wisconsin dedicated to reducing gun violence through community engagement, legislative action, policy reform and collaboration.
- WCGS advocates reducing gun violence through a combination of legislative action, policy reform, stake holder engagement and collaboration.
- WCGS respects the Second Amendment, but is concerned with balancing the rights of gun ownership with its responsibilities and the safety of the public.
- WCGS supports comprehensive, evidence-based, and effective public policy measures to reduce death and injury from firearms and uses peer-reviewed research when determining the causes of gun violence and how to reduce it.
- WCGS is particularly sensitive to groups who are disproportionately impacted by individual or relationship-based violence.
- WCGS, along with other constituent organizations, will advocate for legislation at the local, state, and federal level to reduce gun violence.