211 Wisconsin


Get information and referrals for thousands of services across Wisconsin. Anyone can call 211 at any time, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to talk with someone. Assistance finding help with housing, utilities, food, employment, addiction recovery options, and more is available in over 180 languages.

  • Call 211 or 1-877-947-221
  • To use video relay service (VRS), dial 877-947-2211
  • Text your ZIP code to 898211
  • Live chat or search their website

Well Badger

Talk with a certified information and referral specialist, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. They will help you find the right resources to meet your needs, identify programs you’re likely to be eligible for, and help you make a plan, since getting support can take many steps. Interpreter services are available, whenever needed, and follow-up is provided if wanted.


Some Wisconsin Community Action Agencies provide immediate help. Others can connect you with local resources for:

  • Food
  • Housing
  • Utilities
  • Health care services
  • Family support


To find your local agency, visit the WISCAP website and click on your county.


The State of Wisconsin has programs to help low-income households with:

  • Food — through FoodShare (also known as SNAP or food stamps)
  • Health care — through BadgerCare Plus and Wisconsin Medicaid
  • Child care expenses — through Wisconsin Shares
  • Income and job readiness — through W-2 (also known as Wisconsin Works)


Anyone can use the ACCESS website at any time to see if you might be eligible for any of these programs or to apply for assistance. You can also apply by contacting your local income maintenance agency.