Representative Janel Brandtjen was originally elected to the Wisconsin State Assembly in November of 2014 and reelected in 2016, 2018 and 2020. She currently resides in Menomonee Falls with her husband Rick and their two daughters.
Janel is the Chair of the Campaigns & Elections Committee and the Vice-Chair of the Committee on Government Accountability & Oversight. She is also a member of the following committees: Corrections, Public Benefit Reform, and Science, Technology & Broadband.
Janel was elected to the Waukesha County Board in 2008 serving on the Executive, Health & Human Services, and Judiciary & Law Enforcement Committees. Janel and her husband developed a marketing company in 1996, which operates in the Menomonee Falls area. Janel was born and raised in Wisconsin, and has lived in Menomonee Falls since 1998. She is a graduate of John Marshall High School and earned a Business Degree in Finance & Marketing from UW-Milwaukee. The Brandtjens are members of Immanuel Lutheran Church.
- Wisconsin Pro-Life Legislator of the Year, 2016
- Wisconsin Family Action Friend of Family, Life & Liberty Award, 2016, 2018
- Associated Builders & Contractors Building Wisconsin Award, 2016, 2018, 2020
- MMAC Champion of Commerce Award, 2015-16, 2017-18
- WMC Working for Wisconsin Award, 2015-16, 2017-18
- WDA Dental Academy Award, 2015, 2017, 2019
- ABATE of Wisconsin, 2018
- Wisconsin Builders Association, Friend of Housing Award, 2020