· When looking at store ads, pay attention to the price, not the discount.
· Be sure to understand a store’s return and exchange policies before you make a purchase. Retailers may have different policies in place for Black Friday purchases.
· Be sure to keep your receipts.
· Keep an eye on the register when checking out to ensure you are charged the advertised or sale price.
· Make sure you understand the terms and conditions that accompany any deals in which you are interested.
· If you find a pricing discrepancy and a store will not correct an error, you may file a pricing complaint with DATCP’s Measures Bureau by calling (608)224-4942, emailing email@example.com, or online.