The Department of Transportation is alerting motorists that all highways in the St. Croix Crossing construction area will be open for motorists during the holiday weekend. Construction crews do not plan to work July 4 through July 6. The following is a schedule of openings and closings in the area:
- The new Wisconsin State Road 35 overpass is now open to traffic.
- Minnesota Highways 36 and 95 in Oak Park Heights and Stillwater will remain open. Highway 36 from the Washington Ave/Norell Ave intersection to Highway 95 and Highway 95 from Highway 36 to the Sunnyside Marina north entrance will continue single-lane traffic.
- The Stillwater Lift Bridge, while currently closed due to high water, will reopen to vehicle and pedestrian traffic at 4PM on July 2 and resume its normal schedule, except for between 10:30PM and 11PM on July 4 when the lift bridge will remain in the down position to accommodate increased vehicle traffic.
- Due to high water levels, the DNR has a no wake zone on the St. Croix River. A mile-long river channel (marked by red and green buoys) and no wake zone are in place between Stillwater and Bayport.
- In Minnesota, the northbound I-694 ramp to eastbound Highway 36, the ramp from Hilton Trail to westbound Highway 36, and access to Viking Drive from eastbound Hwy 36 are all closed.