The Conservation Congress works with the Natural Resources Board and the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) to gather public opinion regarding management of Wisconsin’s natural resources and increase citizen involvement. The Conservation Congress invites the public to its upcoming spring fish and game hearings, which will be held on Monday, April 14th at 7:00 PM in each county in the state. The hearings in area counties will be held at the following locations:
· Burnett County: Burnett County Government Center Room 165, 7410 County Road K, Siren, WI 54872
· Dunn County: Dunn County Fish and Game Club, 1600 Pine Avenue, Menomonie, WI 54751
· Pierce County: Ellsworth High School Auditorium, 323 Hillcrest Street, Ellsworth, WI 54011
· Polk County: Unity High School Auditorium, 1908 State Hwy 46, Balsam Lake, WI 54810
· St. Croix County: St. Croix Central High School Commons, 1751 Broadway Street, Hammond, WI 54015
For a listing of all counties, please click here.
DNR Wildlife Management staff will also be present to give an overview of the deer herd and provide updated information on the deer season. If you are unable to attend, you may provide input online by completing a herd status summary survey, which will be available until April 18th. To access the survey, please click here.
More information on the Conservation Congress can be found on the DNR’s website by clicking here.