FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 3, 2017
Sen. Howard Marklein Celebrates Inauguration of the 2017-18 Senate
Madison, WI — State Senator Howard Marklein (R-Spring Green) today celebrated the inauguration of the 2017-18 State Senate.
“As the new legislative session begins, I am encouraged by the energy and optimism of the new state legislature,” Marklein said. “We have challenges ahead of us, but we also have opportunities to improve the future for all Wisconsinites.”
Sen. Marklein is beginning the second half of his four-year term which began in January 2015.
Sen. Marklein was recently appointed to the following committees for the 2017-18 Session:
- Joint Committee on Finance - Member.
- Senate Committee on Revenue, Financial Institutions & Rural Issues – Chair
- Senate Committee on Transportation & Veterans Affairs – Vice Chair
- Senate Committee on Workforce Development, Military Affairs & Senior Issues - Member
- Joint Legislative Council – Member (Ex Officio)
“I look forward to continuing to apply my background and expertise as a CPA to the important work of the Wisconsin State Legislature,” Marklein said. “I am honored to represent the hard-working people of the 17th Senate District.”