Join me on
Monday April 24th for a town hall on Gov. Walker’s irresponsible budget.
This will be YOUR chance to let me know how you feel about the budget. I
will be there to listen to your concerns, as well as address any
questions you may have.
Wisconsinites deserve better. The budget proposed by Walker:
• Neglects our K-12 public schools and gives more money to the wealthiest
• Fails to fix our broken transportation funding and makes a mess
of our roads
• Gives unfair tax breaks to the wealthy while forcing more of the
burden on middle-class Wisconsinites
• Fails to provide a solution to the lead crisis even though 8.6%
of tested Milwaukee children have high blood lead levels
• Does nothing about the school to prison pipeline in our community
Governor Walker has punted the ball on governing with this irresponsible
budget. This budget is based on fake math, and even Republicans aren’t
rushing to defend it. We need to find solutions to the crises that Walker
ignored, like juvenile corrections, transportation infrastructure, the
student loan debt crisis, and the pipeline to prison.
If you’re not at the table, odds are you’re on the menu. I strongly
encourage you to have yourself heard on these issues. Your voice matters
in this process. Engage yourself at my town hall on Monday, April 24th at 5:30pm at Mill Road
Library (6431 N 76th St.) I hope to see you there! Remember,
as always, to #StandUpFightBack.
Here to serve,