Support Governor Evers' Special Session on Public Education
The governor firmly believes that what's best for our kids is what's best for our state.
The proposed investments in this special session are critical to ensure that our students have access to high quality public education and that our schools are able to recruit and retain the best and brightest educators.
Specifically, the governor is proposing to:
- Renew the state's commitment to two-thirds funding for our public schools.
- Expand access to school-based mental health services.
- Ensure that students with disabilities are receiving the services and support they need to be successful.
- Invest in rural schools through increased sparsity aid, in the summer school programs in our largest urban districts, and in tribal language revitalization efforts.
- Begin to address the teacher shortage.
Sign the petition and tell your legislator to support Governor Evers' Call for a Special Session on Public Education!