The borders of the 9th Assembly District have changed!
Click here for a map of the 9th Assembly District!
Welcome to the 9th Assembly District Legislative Office
Wisconsin's 9th Assembly District includes Milwaukee's South side from the Jackson Park neighborhood east to I-43, and from Wilson Park north through the Layton Boulevard West neighborhoods.
I am honored to represent the 9th AD and I hope you find my website useful and informative. Here you'll find information about my work as a State Legislator, as well as links to useful websites, local resources and other more.
When I'm not in Madison I'm easy to find in the district. It's where I grew up and where I represent my neighbors today. But if you don't run into me at the grocery store, call or email my office any time, and I or my staff will get right back to you.
Wisconsin 9th Assembly District
Below is a comparison between Wisconsin's mining laws and the laws of Michigan and Minnesota.
Top 10 Worst Environmental Provisions in Mining Proposal:
1) Loopholes to environmental regulations- This law drasticly broadened the language to exempt the mine from environmental laws.
2) Changes various words and phrases in environmental laws- these changes were made so minign companies can start legal challenges to existing laws.
3) Allows a mining company to fill in streams, rivers and lakes.
4) Mining regulations trump all otehr regulations- this law supersedes all other laws.
5) Sacrifices public health for mining.
6) Unsuitable mine site change- the mine is only unsuitable if it is certain that the mining will irreparably harm the mine site.
7) Changes to sulfide moratorium language- this opens the door to sulphiric acid mining.
8) Confidentiality of core samples- prevents anyone from looking at the ore samples to determine the presence of sulphiric acid.
9) Adds language from last sessions wetlands bill- which makes it easier to fill in wetlands in our state, damaging our water quality.
10) Chagnes to designe management zones and intervention boundaries- allowing mining companies to pollute more on the mining site.
For Southside Events check out these Community Groups!
Layton Boulavard West Neighborhoods
Southside Organizing Committee
Garden District Neighborhood Association