By Michael Leischner, WSAU
WAUSAU, WI (WSAU) -- Some of Marathon County's worst roadways will be in the spotlight Wednesday as local and state lawmakers take a "Rough Roads" tour of the county.
Marathon County Infrastructure committee Chairman John Robinson says the tour will hopefully open some eyes to how bad some of the area roads are. "What we are anticipating seeing is the condition of the roads in need of repair. We're also hoping to identify the needs that the county and other local governments have in terms of funding and maintenance of those roads."
Some of the roads featured on the tour will be County Highway K in the Wausau area, Grand Avenue in Rothschild, Townline Road, and Camp Phillips Road in Weston.
Wednesday's guest list includes:
- State Rep. John Spiros, Assembly District 86
- State Rep. Katrina Shankland, Assembly District 71
- State Rep. Patrick Snyder, Assembly District 85
- Assembly candidate Alyson Leahy, Assembly District 85
- Senate candidate Chris Kapsner, Senate District 23
- Jim Griesbach, Marathon County Highway Commissioner
- Keith Donner, Village of Weston Public Works Director
- Kurt Gibbs, Marathon County Board Chair
- Sandy Cihlar, Marathon County Board Member, Infrastructure Committee
- John Robinson, Marathon County Board Member & Infrastructure Committee Chair
- Nathan Check – Portage County Highway Commissioner
- Doug Passineau – Wood County Highway Commissioner
- John Hanz – Lincoln County Highway Commission
- Keith Langenhahn, Town of Marathon & Wisconsin Counties Association (WCA) field representative
- Betty Hoenisch, Village of Maine President
- Chris Johnson, Village of Kronenwetter engineer
- Robert Mielke, Mayor of Wausau