Milwaukee Bucks Arena Bill
This week, the state Assembly gave final
legislative approval to Senate Bill 209, the Bucks arena plan. Now
that it has passed both the Assembly and the Senate, the bill is on its way
to Governor Walker for his signature.
As state representatives, we have to make
sure we look at proposals from all angles. This bipartisan legislation
was the product of work between city, county, and state officials, as well
as a commitment from the Bucks and past ownership. Of the $500 million
needed for the Bucks Arena project, $250 million is coming from the Bucks
owners, both current and past. The remaining $250 million will be largely
covered by the City of Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, and the Arena District.
The state will have an annual net investment of $3.5 million over 20 years, but
the state will receive at least $6.5 million per year in income taxes from
the NBA players. This return on investment will only continue to grow
as the salaries in the NBA increase.
Attention Job Seekers
FOND DU LAC FAIRGROUNDS - Expo Center
Wisconsin Dept. of Workforce
Development invites you to one of the largest hiring events of the year.
• 60-70 local employers
• Employers ready to hire
• Employers representing all major employment sectors
• Technical schools providing information on short-term training programs
• Demos and hands-on workplace tools including the virtual welder and tours
of new automated semi truck cabs.
• Community resources to help you search and obtain employment and training
Wednesday, July 29
9:30 -10:00 Veterans Only | 10:00-2:00 General Public
Fond du Lac County Fairgrounds Expo Center | 601 Martin Ave. Fond du Lac WI,
YOU MUST HAVE A TICKET TO ATTEND
HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR CAREER EXPO TICKET:
• Tickets available at your local job center – find the closest one at
• Complete a short pre-screening process which includes submitting a current
• Don't have a resume – no problem. Let your local job center help you put
together a resume that effectively markets your knowledge, skills and
• For info on Prescreening Steps and Job Center Locations:
July is the height of summer and many
Wisconsin families are taking advantage of the great summer weather that we
have been experiencing as of late. To go along with the great weather, I
wanted to recap some of the positive economic news from the past month.
• Property taxes dropped 2.3 percent in 2014-15. (Wisconsin Taxpayers
• Lowest property tax burden (3.6 percent of income) since 1946
• The state unemployment rate is 4.6 percent, below the national rate of 5.3
percent. (DWD Monthly Estimates)
• The number of new businesses grew by 3.4 percent in the first six months
Assembly Republicans are continuing to move Wisconsin forward with our
pro-growth policies, fiscally responsible decisions, and balanced budgets.
Annual Mile of Music
Running from August 6th-9th, the third
annual Mile of Music festival will be returning to downtown Appleton.
This years event will feature 175 artists performing around 800 shows in
about 65 different venues, including Jones Park, Houdini Plaza, and the
Lawrence Memorial Chapel. A majority of the performances are free and
all are encouraged to attend. If you would like more details, please