REQUESTING CAPITOL ITEMS
Many different items are available by request in the Capitol. If you would like a citation prepared in honor of a loved one, a flag to be flown above the Capitol building in their honor, an official Wisconsin blue book, or a map of our state, please let us know. General information about each of these items is available below.
The legislature can issue a formal citation to commend someone who has achieved a remarkable personal or professional accomplishment or milestone, or who have distinguished themselves through outstanding service to their state or community. For example, citations are frequently given to those achieving the rank of Eagle Scout, for retirements, for milestone anniversaries and birthdays, to commend a winning team, and more.
To request a citation for someone you know, write to me and please include:
- Name of person receiving the citation.
- Contact person and phone number where he/she can be reached.
- Event and date of awarding event (if there is one).
- A short description of why this person is deserving of a citation. Please list any:
- Any community or volunteer groups the person has participated in (if applicable).
- Any other professional, educational, athletic, or artistic achievements that are applicable.
- Any public offices held.
- Date of Wedding/Birthday (if applicable).
U.S. and Wisconsin State Flags
You may order a U.S. or Wisconsin flag through the Assembly Chief Clerk for a minimal fee. Flag choices are:
- Nylon U.S. flag (3’ x 5’) = $10
- Nylon Wisconsin flag (3’ x 5’) = $12
- Plus shipping and handling costs
Click here for more information if you'd like to order a flag.
If you would like the flag flown over the Capitol, please let us know. You will receive a certificate attesting to such, along with the flag.