Program Evaluation Division
The primary function of the program evaluation division is to
conduct performance audits to determine whether programs are
accomplishing their policy goals and program objectives and to
identify areas in which improvements can be made in the
efficiency and effectiveness of state administered programs.
Responsibilities of the program evaluation division include:
For additional information, please contact Paul Stuiber, Deputy State Auditor for Program Evaluation, at
- reviewing the performance and program accomplishments of state departments at the direction of the
Joint Legislative Audit Committee;
- independently initiating a review of program performance when problem areas have been identified;
- conducting a biennial performance audit of the Division of Gaming in the Department of Administration and the Wisconsin Lottery;
- auditing any county, city, village, town, or school district, as directed by the
Joint Legislative Audit Committee; and
- disseminating information concerning performance auditing.